When to consult with a specialist?
- After one year of frequent sexual intercourse not resulting in pregnancy (six months if the woman is over 35).
- Relevant history (gynecology and andrology): genital or abdominal surgery, infections of the pelvis, endometriosis, long-standing menstrual abnormalities, etc.
- Partner with two or more miscarriages.
- Carriers of a hereditary disease.
- Individuals wishing to preserve eggs or sperm due to cancer treatment or for personal reasons.
- Women who decide to have children by themselves or couples made up of two women.
Patients with any of the aforementioned factors are advised to seek guidance from a specialist in assisted reproduction. During the initial consultation we will carry out an in-depth study of your situation with a view to designing the most appropriate treatment. This will involve mapping out the steps that need to be taken to recover an appropriate state of health and either eliminate negative lifestyle factors or bring them under control. You will be given a proposal containing the necessary diagnostic tests or previous treatment for certain pathologies.
© 2023 Quirónsalud - All rights reserved