This technique makes it possible to preserve gametes (oocytes and sperm) so that they maintain their biological capacity and viability, thus allowing women to postpone pregnancy with a reasonable level of guarantee.
When is it recommended?
- For patients who are at risk of loss of ovarian function.
- In oncology patients (men and women) who must receive radiation or chemotherapy.
- For women who wish to postpone motherhood.
- In young patients who have a weak response to ovarian stimulation, vitrification makes it possible to produce an ample number of eggs so that an embryo can be transferred at a later time.
What does it involve?
Fertility preservation techniques available through Quirónsalud:
- Egg vitrification(link a apartado de vitrificación)
- Semen cryopreservation
How effective is it?
This technique has a good success rate for certain types of women when a sufficient number of eggs is obtained, among other factors.
© 2023 Quirónsalud - All rights reserved